Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Second Time

Wow, another post so soon, you ask. I work as an accountant, and it's realllllly sloooooooooow right now, so I read some more Matt, Liz & Madeline yesterday. It's Christmas 2008 and he's getting ready to decorate the tree. Reading his blog has made me more emotional in the past 2 days than I have felt in years. More about that later. I'm fascinated by his taste in Indie music. How does one develop that? How do you know if the music is good? Looking through my CDs, I go first to my favorite standby, the Old 97s. Is that really Indie? Not sure, so I keep looking. Willie Nelson, no. Def Leppard, no. Voxtrot, yes. I haven't listened to them in quite some time so I open up the Windows media player, and after 2 hours I've heard all the songs 3 times. My favorite song of theirs is Your Biggest Fan, which isn't even on the one CD I have. It used to be my background song on MySpace. Gosh, is that still around? Back to music. If I don't know about Indie music, then why do I have Voxtrot? Jared Van Fleet's parents used to be my Sunday School teachers, like 2 years ago. It was so strange to me that these 2 middle age adults would go to Austin to sit in clubs and watch their son play music all hours of the night. Here's Jared singing a beautiful song, When I'm Gone. Can you tell I learned how to insert links today? I've decided I'm going to buy Why? Alopecia and also pre-order "Two Kisses for Maddy." It will be ready at the end of tax season. Perfect timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment